If you plan on doing some of your own repairs, we encourage you to do so! It will help you learn how your bike works, keep your bike in better condition, and help you to enjoy the sport better.
For some simple things you can do to tune up your bike see some of the articles below:
We encourage you to get a good bicycle repair manual. Below are some recommended manuals and some great websites.
Some bicycle repair manuals that we recommend:
- Bicycling Magazine's Complete Guide to Bicycle Maintenance and Repair for Road and Mountain Bikes (a favorite)
- Zinn and the Art of Road Bike Maintenance
- Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance
- Bicycle Repair Manual
- Complete Bike Maintenance
- The Haynes Bicycle Book
- Barnett's Manual: Analysis and Procedures for Bicycle Mechanics